Do you have a class pet or thinking of bringing one into your classroom? If the answer is yes, then this is the course for you! Your course instructor Erik Callender is an enthusiastic, passionate, wildlife educator and veterinary technician, with more than 20+ years of experience!
During the course your class will receive :
- A 30 minute live coaching call Via SKYPE or ZOOM with your instructor Erik Callender
- A full customized animal care action plan for your class pet
- Pre-activity downloadable work sheets on how to choose the best pet for your classroom
- 21 Day Daily Care sheet
- List of learning standards that match the pet you choose.
- BONUS Classroom Science Poster of your Pet
As a result of more than 20 years of Veterinary and Teaching experience, Erik Callender along with a brigade of rescued and adopted reptiles and amphibians, inspires thousands of school children in the United States and worldwide to follow their dreams!
In 2006 Erik graduated from Stony Brook University with a degree in Biology and Environmental studies, and kick started the environmental education company Erik's Reptile Edventures. Six years later, he and a team in the US and Madagascar formed the not for profit Wildlife Kids Club International. This made it possible to create an environmental school to connect school children to nature. Additionally Callender was nominated to be a Ted x speaker and was subject of a PBS documentary( Reptile Rumba), and mini documentary( A man and his Dream) that received two Emmy Awards!